CloudMailGuard is an Enterprise-Level cloud SPAM Filtering service which provides Industry-Leading comprehensive protection against the most current email-borne threats.
What is included with CloudMailGuard Email Secuirty?
- DoS Protection
- Per User Quarantine Mailboxes
- Compatible with all Email Servers
- Up to 2 Days of MX Backup
- No software to install on your servers or workstations.
- Outlook Plugin
- Multiple Reputation Analysis Systems
How do we do it?
A team of security engineers at Barracuda Central continuously monitors the Internet for trends in Spam and Virus attacks. As they detect trends, Energize Updates are created and distributed to the CloudMailGuard service and all Barracuda Spam Firewalls.
Each Barracuda unit is automatically updated with new Spam rules, Spam algorithms, and Virus definitions, each hour. These updates require zero administration and ensure that your network has comprehensive and accurate protection even as the methods of attack change.
The CloudEmailGuard service uses powerful Barracuda Spam Firewalls and its twelve-layer defense system (Network Denial of Service Protection, Rate Control, IP Reputation Analysis, Sender Authentication, Recipient Verification, Virus Scanning, Policy (User-specified rules), Spam Fingerprint Check, Intent Analysis, Image Analysis, Bayesian Analysis, Rule-based Scoring ).
- Anti-Spam – The algorithms and methods used by the CloudMailGuard Service and the Barracuda Spam Firewall are the most comprehensive and most advanced in the industry at detecting and filtering spam resulting in the lowest rate of false positives.
- Anti-Virus – By utilizing dual layer virus blocking, decompression of archives and file type blocking, the anti-virus engine used by the CloudMailGuard service and the Barracuda Spam Firewall provides complete virus protection.
- Anti-spoofing – This technology prevents the use of forged or “spoofed” sender addresses on unsolicited email. The anti-spoofing feature also allows larger organizations to specify a list of IP addresses that are allowed to have a “From” address that appears from inside the organization to support multiple sites and multiple email servers.
- Anti-phishing – The CloudMailGuard service and the Barracuda Spam Firewall provides robust protection against phishing schemes which are often used to gather confidential information about an organization or its individual users.
- Anti-spyware (Attachments) – All attachments are scanned and any spyware executables are detected and eliminated immediately.
- Denial of Service Protection – Rate controls are utilized to stop denial of service attacks as well as dictionary based Spam attacks. These rate control systems are integrated and automatic in the CloudMailGuard service and the Barracuda Spam Firewall.